Pin It

Overwhelmed

As you can most likely tell, I’ve been struggling with a terrible case of writer’s block lately.

I’m feeling extremely overwhelmed between working full-time (in a new position), being in school full-time, being newly married, dealing with health issues, and having an overwhelming conviction that I need to start up a bullying ministry.

There are so many items on my heart that I don’t know where to begin! All I can say for now is, dear friends, I could use some prayers. And I’m sure you can to.

Today, instead of spending time writing, I’d like to pray for you all.

Please let me know how I can pray for you. Leave a comment, tweet me, or send me an email if you’d rather not post it publicly.

Blessings to you all! I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

1. Stephanie says:

Hi Tayler,

First off praying for you for strength and wisdom as you discern your call to start a bullying ministry. Also make sure to take time to just breathe and relax, sounds like you have a lot on your plate!

As for me, I have a very important job interview tomorrow for a position I really think I would be good at and would love to have. I have been out of work for 9 months and really need the job too. Prayer for that would be great.

Thank you and God Bless!

2. Gabriela Perez says:

Thank you so much for offering prayer! I’m currently going through the greatest heartache of my life with a guy I was supposed to mar two months ago. Also I’ve been told I was undeciplable. And I am still trying fighting for God to be back with me.

3. Kim says:

Praying for time management for you, along with discernment about choices in front of you. Please pray for me in dealing with bitterness and resentment towards “friends”. I’ll do real well with taking my thoughts captive and then BAM I’m right back to being unforgiving and angry.

Thank you so much for all that you do!
    Kim

4. Monica says:

Love this! I could use prayer for my soon to be born baby girl. Blessings to you, Tayler. I love your blog.

5. Marcy Hanson says:

First off, blessings and peace to you! I’ll be praying that God gives you wisdom and grace as you face multiple challenges. And for your health!
    If you have a moment, I.would appreciate prayers for my infertility ministry.
    Take care,
    Marcy

6. Lucy Smith says:

I’ll b4 praying for you, Twitter friend!

I could definitely use prayer for this upcoming quarter of school that begins today. I’ve got a lot going on and am worried it will be too much. It sounds like you’re dealing with the same type of thing!

7. Dawn Wilson says:

You post makes me smile. A few years ago, I banned the word “overwhelmed” from my vocabulary because … how do you deal with “overwhelmed”? Now I am more specific with the feeling: I am “time challenged,” or “needing sleep” or “confused and needing more information.” Those are things I can deal with. I can delegate or change my schedule or re-prioritize. I can get more rest. I can ask for help or research a problem. I’ve turned “overwhelmed” lifestyle into a to-do list that I hand over to God with prayers for wisdom.

But anyway, your need did not go unnoticed, and I am praying for you today. God will give you the wisdom, time, resources, etc. that you need. I believe that. Bless you, sweet Sister-Girlfriend, as you serve Him.

8. Melissa says:

Taylor,

Thank you so much for your heart. It’s so easy to become overwhelmed by life and what we want to get done. Personally I think that’s one of the enemies biggest strategies. He wants to make us feel overwhelmed in serving and all we are seeking to do that we wind up doing nothing.

I’ve been in ministry since I was 16 – I’m 31 now, so I understand what it’s like to want to serve and feel convicted to start ministries but worry you won’t have enough time. Just remember this – if the idea and conviction to start and do a ministry is from God, then He WILL supply you with the strength to get it accomplished.

You have the right idea: pray. Keep praying and I’ll be praying for you.

God bless!